Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey A1/A2

Day 10 – School DaysC:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\School Diary image.jpg
After meeting with the local family yesterday you are inspired to learn more about how people live in different countries. You and your family decide to go out and visit a local market. When you’re there you meet a student who tells you all about what it’s like to go to school in their country. The student also gives you a page from their diary that shows you what a typical school day is like for them.

http://dir.indiamart.com/delhi/school-diaries.htm
Here is an example of a school diary for a student from Germany.
Time
Day 1
Day 2
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Math
German
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
History
Religion
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Break
Break
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
English
Music
10:25-11:10 a.m.
English
French
11:10-11:30 p.m.
Break
Break
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
Art
Physical Education
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Science
Science

Activity 1
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:

  1. Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany - I would go to school in New Zealand.
  2. Why you feel that way - Because New Zealand is a great country for schools because they get to know more of their learning and opportunities.

    Activity 2
    Think about your favourite subject at school. In your blog tell us:
    1. The name of your favourite subject
    2. Why it is your favourite subject
My favourite subject at school will have to be reading and maths.

Reading and Maths will have to be my favourite subjects because I love to solve problems using my own strategy in maths and reading, using my knowledge and ideas to answer the following questions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loseli!

    Nice work again. I didn't know you liked maths! Me too! Well, actually I used to not like it because I wasn't good at it. The way they taught it when I was young didn't make much sense. But now that I have learned to be a teacher, the new ways of learning maths are amazing and I really enjoy learning about and teaching it! It's like a puzzle game now haha!

    Kia kaha! Keep it up!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loseli!

    Great post! Maths used to be my favourite subject until year 9, where we were introduced to PE classes! I also like the timetable evaluation that you added. A lot of work was evidently put into this!

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete